IPv6 Ready Logo Q&A
(Focusing on the updates after 2008/05/30
P2 major revision)
Q:What is the latest IPv6
Ready Logo updates?
A:Starting from 2008/05/01, Phase-2 Ready Logo applications have increasing
CHTTL IPv6 Testing Lab is continuing working to promote Phase-2 for maintaing
Taiwan's leadership in this Phase-2 category.We are now providing DHCPv6 Logo testing services to our Taiwan clients.
- Phase-2 Ready Logo worldwide for 2008 is 86(current total is 222)while Phase-1
is only 38(364 is the current total)
- Most of the increasing applicants are from USA, Japan and China. For USA
and Japan these applicatns are from industry and for China they are mostly
Q:What are the RFC differences
for P1/P2 Core (4.0.0 vs 3.8.11)?
P1/P2 Core Conformance Test specs Version 4.0.0(starting from 2008/5/30) supports
the following RFCs. Version 3.8.11 will be still valid until 2008/11/30
P1/P2 Core interoperability test specs is Version 4.0.0(starting from 2008/5/30).
Version 2.8.4 will be still valid for application until 2008/11/30
- RFC 2460 IPv6 Specification [Router, Host]
- RFC 4861 Neighbor Discovery [Router, Host] (obsoletes
- RFC 4862 IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
[Router, Host] ] (obsoletes RFC 2462)
- RFC 4443 ICMPv6 for IPv6 Specification [Router, Host]
] (obsoletes RFC 2463)
- RFC 5095 Deprecation of Type 0 Routing Headers in
IPv6 (New Support)
- RFC 4291 IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture (New Support)
Q:Can you deliberate on these
differences for P1/P2 Core 4.0.0 vs 3.8.11?
P1/P2 Core CTS has 10 revisions:
- Supporting the IPv6 Error message (2) Beyond Scope of Source Address is
marked Advanced Functionality. (Optional) - RFC 4443 Section 3.1
Test Specification: v6LC.5.1.3.E
Test Tool: TAHI Project
icmp.p2 #10 (icmp.p2/Dst_Unreach_2.seq)
- Supporting is
marked Advanced Functionality. (Optional)
Test Specification: v6LC.1.2.10.B, v6LC.1.2.11.B Test Tool: TAHI Project
spec.p2 #42 (spec.p2/R_UnrecognizedRoutingTypeIN_RH0.seq)
- Supporting the Disable of IP Operation once a DAD Failure has occurred.
This is marked as Basic Functionality. (Required) - RFC 4862 Section 5.4.5
Test Specification: v6LC.3.1.2.B, v6LC.3.1.2.D, v6LC.3.1.3.I, v6LC.3.1.3.J,
Test Tool:TAHI Project
addr.p2 #03 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NSPostDAD_SameDstSameTgt.seq)
addr.p2 #05 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NAPostDAD_SameTgt.seq)
addr.p2 #14 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NSPostDAD_Reserved.seq)
addr.p2 #15 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NSPostDAD_wTLL.seq)
addr.p2 #23 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NAPostDAD_Reserved.seq)
addr.p2 #24 (addr.p2/LLA_DAD_NAPostDAD_wSLL.seq)
- Supporting that a host properly rejects an invalid prefix length, however
the prefix length is still valid for on-link determination when the on-link
flag is true. (Required) - RFC 4862 Section 6.3.4
Test Specification: v6LC.2.2.19
Test Tool: TAHI Project
nd.p2 #166 (nd.p2/v6LC_2_2_19.seq)
Q:How P1/P2 Core interop tests
are changed( 4.0.0 vs 3.8.11)?
A:The new version removes the 1.7 Routing Header Type 0 test item.
Q:Can users start using P1/P2
Core version 4.0.0 now?
A:Of course. If you are not comfortable using version 4.0.0 directly. You can
test run Self-Test 1.4.15 and Self-Test 4.0.1 to decide if this is the right decision
to move forward。
Q:Wil Phase-1 Silver continue
A:IPv6 Ready Logo program is scheduled to phase out Phase-1 in November 2008年.
But this is still under discussion.
So far Phase-2 is definitely gaining momentum. We will continue to provide
Phase-1 testing services. It is really the vendor's decision to stay with Phase-1
Q:Where can we download the
latest IPv6 Ready Logo test documents?
A:Please visit the follwoing URL for IPv6 Ready Logo test updates.
- Test specification
- current release
- Only HOST and ROUTER test specifications are available up to this stage
- self-testing tools
Q:Do you provide any IPv6
Ready Logo test training?
A:You can register for TWNIC(Taiwan Network Information Center)'s Free
IPv6 Training Courses(Chinese only) to learn more about IPv6 Ready Logo testing.
Q:Can Taiwan users find the
IPv6 Ready Testing Lab here in Taiwan?
A:Yes. Chunghwa Telecom Labs IPv6 Testing
Lab is IPv6 Ready Logo approved test lab in
- Services include
- Test equipment and know-hows
- techical consultation
- Contact person
- CHT-TL/ Miss Lin (03)4245771 or email tlz70105 at cht.com.tw